I wished that sometime in the 80s there had been made a (Pike and)shooter arcade game where you controlled a formation of 16th century, early gunpowder era mercenaries. So I started making one.
Pike 'n Shot is heavy inspired by both the Gameboy game Mercenary Force as well as the battlefield part of the NES/Amiga game North & South. These games looked so cool to me as a kid whenever I saw screen shots of them in magazines and what not, but then when I actually played them they both proved to be pretty awkward and unsatisfying. Pike 'n Shot is my attempt to make a good game out of the idea of a fast paced, real-time renaissance battle that is streamlined, fun, and plays sort of like a shoot'em up.
Pike 'n Shot is still in very early alpha status. What I have for download so far is a prototype of the desired eventual renaissance battle experience that I hope you will enjoy. I am working on the game all the time.
- Use your pikes to kill waves of melee attackers or hold off armoured threats
- dodge and shoot ranged troops to avoid losses
- shoot armoured enemies to break their protection and make them vulnerable
- capture loot to build up your coffers (health) and earn special "doppel soldiers"
- Z - Pike
- X - Shot
- Arrow Keys - Movement
- Ctrl + 1 - Restart
- Ctrl + 0 - Toggle Full Screen
- Esc - Quit
Works with most controllers too (Xbox, PS3, etc)